PHI may be shared through Nexus. However, please remember that HIPAA regulations allow only the sharing of the minimum necessary PHI with an authorized individual(s) for purposes of treatment or healthcare operations.
Before you start
- Your device must have an active Internet connection.
- If you are using an external webcam, it must be connected to the computer.
- It is strongly recommended that users wear headsets when connecting from their computer or mobile device.
NOTE: If clicked, the meeting link will launch in your default web browser. For best results, OHSU strongly recommends that off-site participants use the Chrome web browser. Chrome will load the meeting directly in the browser without the need for a separate download. Chrome participants wishing to share their desktop as part of their presentation will be prompted to install a one-time Chrome plug-in. If Chrome is not available, other browsers can be used but participants will be prompted to manually install the Cisco Meeting application before continuing.
Connect with Chrome and other browsers
- Click the web link received in the invite
2. Type your name how you want it to appear in the list of participants and click Join meeting
as a guest. If this is your first time joining a Nexus meeting from a browser other than Chrome,
you will be prompted to install a plugin before the call connects. Follow the prompts to install
the plugin and continue as directed below.
3. If connecting with a browser besides Chrome, you'll be prompted to Download App. Follow
the instructions for your browser and install Cisco Meeting Client.
- Select the camera, microphone and speakers to use for the call, then click Join Meeting:
- To use a camera, speaker and microphone attached to your computer, make selections on the Use this computer tab.
Check your camera
Verify that the correct camera and audio settings are active by clicking the "gear" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the app. Often when participants have multiple devices connected to their computer (dock webcam vs. built-in webcam or built-in mic vs. USB headset), the correct device may need to be selected.
Everything is working correctly when you can view the image from your web cam, see the audio meter move from speaking in to your microphone and hear a chirp sound when pressing the music note button.