* Walker JM, Rolig AS, Charych DH, Hoch U, Kasiewicz MJ, Rose DC, McNamara MJ, Hilgart-Martiszus IF, Redmond WL. J Immunother Cancer. 2020 May;8(1):e000464.
* Walker JM, Loo Jr BW. Radiotherapy and Immunotherapy—Shining Further Together. JAMA Oncol. 2019 Jul 11
* Murphy B, Walker JM, Bassale S, Monaco D, Jaboin J, Ciporen J, Taylor M, Dai Kubicky C. Concurrent Radiosurgery and Immune Checkpoint Inhibition: Improving Regional Intracranial Control for Patients With Metastatic Melanoma. Am J Clin Oncol. 2019 Mar;42(3): 253-257.
* Walker JM, Raué HP, Slifka MK. Characterization of CD8+ T cell function and immunodominance generated with an H2O2-inactivated whole virus vaccine. 2012. Journal of Virology, in press.
* Meyer C, Kerns A, Haberthur K, Dewane J, Walker JM, Gray WL, Messaoudi I. 2012. Attenuation of the adaptive immune response in rhesus macaques infected with simian varicella virus lacking open reading frame 61. Journal of Virology, in press.
* Kovacsovics-Bankowski M, Walker EB, Chisholm L, Floyd K, Walker JM, Haley D, Coffey T, Morris N, Urba W, Curti B, and Weinberg A. 2012. Reshaping CD4 and CD8 memory T cell proliferation by infusing cancer patients with an OX40 agonist. Manuscript submitted to Science Translational Medicine.
* Okoye A, Park H, Rohankhedkar M, Coyne-Johnson L, Lum R, Walker JM, Planer SL, Legasse AW, Sylwester AW, Piatak M, Lifson JD, Sodora DL, Villinger F, Axthelm MK, Schmitz JE, Picker LJ. 2009. Profound CD4+/CCR5+ T cell expansion is induced by CD8+ lymphocyte depletion but does not account for accelerated SIV pathogenesis. J Exp Med 206: 1575-88
* Walker JM, Slifka MK. 2008. The immunostimulatory power of acute viral infection. Immunity 28: 604-6
* Price DA, Bitmansour AD, Edgar JB, Walker JM, Axthelm MK, Douek DC, Picker LJ. 2008. Induction and Evolution of Cytomegalovirus-Specific CD4+ T Cell Clonotypes in Rhesus Macaques. J Immunol 180: 269-80
* Okoye A, Meier-Schellersheim M, Brenchley JM, Hagen SI, Walker JM, Rohankhedkar M, Lum R, Edgar JB, Planer SL, Legasse A, Sylwester AW, Piatak M, Lifson JD, Maino VC, Sodora DL, Douek DC, Axthelm MK, Grossman Z, Picker LJ. 2007. Progressive CD4+ central memory T cell decline results in CD4+ effector memory insufficiency and overt disease in chronic SIV infection. J Exp Med 204: 2171- 85
* Leonia Bozzacco, Christine Trumpfheller, Frederick P. Siegal, Saurabh Mehandru, Martin Markowitz, Mary Carrington, Michel C. Nussenzweig, Angela Granelli Piperno, and Ralph M. Steinman. 2007. DEC-205 receptor on dendritic cells mediates presentation of HIV gag protein to CD8 T cells in a spectrum of human MHC I haplotypes. PNAS, Vol. 104, No. 4, 1289-1294.
* Weinberg AD, Thalhofer C, Morris N, Walker JM, Seiss D, Wong S, Axthelm MK, Picker LJ, Urba WJ. 2006. Anti-OX40 (CD134) administration to nonhuman primates: immunostimulatory effects and toxicokinetic study. J Immunother 29: 575-85
* Picker LJ, Hagen SI, Lum R, Reed-Inderbitzin EF, Daly LM, Sylwester AW, Walker JM, Siess DC, Piatak M, Wang C, Allison DB, Maino VC, Lifson JD, Kodama T, Axthelm MK. 2004. Insufficient production and tissue delivery of CD4+ memory T cells in rapidly progressive simian immunodeficiency virus infection. J Exp Med 200: 1299-31
* Pitcher CJ, Hagen SI, Walker JM, Lum R, Mitchell BL, Maino VC, Axthelm MK, Picker LJ. 2002. Development and homeostasis of T cell memory in rhesus macaque. J Immunol 168: 29-43
* Ghanekar SA, Stranford SA, Ong JC, Walker JM, Maino VC, Levy JA. 2001. Decreased HIV-specific CD4 T cell proliferation in long-term HIV-infected individuals on antiretroviral therapy. AIDS 15: 1885-7
* Nomura LE, Walker JM, Maecker HT. 2000. Optimization of whole blood antigen-specific cytokine assays for CD4(+) T cells. Cytometry 40: 60-8
Book chapters and theses
* Walker JM. 2011. Characterization of the CD8+ T cells following vaccination with an inactivated whole virus vaccine: a dissertation, Oregon Health & Science University Library
* Walker JM and Slifka MK. 2010. Longevity of CD8 T Cell Memory Following Acute Viral Infection. Zanetti M and Schoenberger SP, Memory T Cells 684: 96-107
* Walker JM, Maecker HT, Maino VC, Picker LJ. 2004. Multicolor flow cytometric analysis in SIV- infected rhesus macaque. Methods Cell Biol 75: 535-57
Presentations and posters
Keystone Symposia on Molecular &Cellular Biology: Cancer Immunology & Immunotherapy: Taking a Place in Mainstream Oncology (C7) [Keystone Symposia][PDF] - Whistler, British Columbia, 2017
* Walker JM, Thomas CR, Dewane J, Haberthur K, Pillai S, Laub W, Messaoudi I. Effects of Total Body Irradiation on T-Cell and B-Cell Subsets as Well as Macrophage in Rhesus Macaque. ASTRO 54th Annual Meeting, October 28-31, 2012.
* Walker JM, Raué HP, Slifka MK. Analysis of CD8+ T cell responses following vaccination with live or H2O2 inactivated LCMV. Viral Immunity Keystone Symposium, March 21-26, 2010
* Walker JM, Raué HP, Slifka MK. Characterization of CD8+ T cell responses following LCMV vaccination. OHSU Student Research Forum, March 14, 2010.
* Bitmansour AD, Edgar JB, Walker JM, Douek DC, Picker LJ. Clonotypic Structure of the CD4+ T Cell Response to RhCMV in Rhesus Macaque. 22nd Annual Symposium on Nonhuman Primate Models for AIDS, November 3-6, 2004
* Edgar JB, Hansen SG, Buxton K, Walker JM, Axthelm MK, Barry PA, Wong SW, Nelson JA, Picker LJ. Rhesus CMV can re-infect fully immune hosts and elicit de novo immune responses to vectored neoantigen. 22nd Annual Symposium on Nonhuman Primate Models for AIDS, November 3-6, 2004
* Strelow L, Hagen SG, Buxton K, Leid J, Edgar JB, Walker JM, Legasse A, Axthelm MK, Barry PA, Picker LJ, Nelson JA, Wong SW. Evidence of CMV re-infection in a sero-positive host. 21st Annual Symposium on Nonhuman Primate Models for AIDS, October 22-25, 2003
* Edgar JB, Walker JM, Bitmansour A, Strelow L, Nelson JA, Axthelm MK, Picker LJ. T-Cell Homeostasis During Experimental Rhesus Cytomegalovirus Primary and Reinfection. 20th Annual Symposium on Nonhuman Primate Models for AIDS, September 8-11, 2002
* Lum R, Walker JM, Hagen SI, Wong SW, Axthelm MK, Picker LJ. Frequencies of functional RhCMV- and SIV-specific memory T cells in peripheral blood do not reflect the representation of these cells within lymphoid tissues and extralymphoid effector sites. 19th Annual Symposium on Nonhuman Primate Models for AIDS, November 7-10, 2001