Workers' Comp FAQ's

Q: How do I report an on the job injury?

A: Please click on the following link to access the Worker & Student Injury Reporting System  If you are unable to access WSIRS (OHSU login information is required to enter the system), another OHSU employee can assist you with entering information about this injury.    

Q: Do I still need to complete an injury report if I do not feel the need to seek medical treatment or have not missed any time

A: Yes.  Information gathered about all injuries that occur at OHSU facilities are used to make the environment a safer place for everyone.   

Q: I completed a workers' compensation form when I sought medical treatment. Do I still need to complete a WSIRS report about t

A: Yes.  OHSU has a legal responsibility to provide our workers' compensation carrier with information about the injury.  WSIRS is OHSU's mechanism for doing this.  

Q: Do I have to provide my Social Security number on Forms 801 and 827? What will it be used for?

  A: You do not need to provide an SSN to get workers' compensation benefits.    

Q:How do I get medical treatment?

A: You may receive medical treatment form the health care provider of your choice including:                      

  • Authorized nurse practitioners
  • Chiropractic physicians                                
  • Medical doctors                                 
  • Naturopathic physicians                                 
  • Oral surgeons                                
  • Osteopathic doctors                                 
  • Physician assistants 
  • Podiatric physicians 
  • Other health care providers   

The workers' compensation carrier may enroll you in a managed care organization at any time. If it does, you will receive more information about your medical treatment options.   

If your claim is denied, you may have to pay for your medical treatment.   

Q: Are there limitations to my medical treatment?

A: Health care providers may be limited in how long they may treat you and whether they may authorize your time off work. Check with your health care provider or carrier about any limitations that may apply.

If you have filed a workers' compensation claim or have additional questions regarding filing a claim see additional frequently asked questions.