I see patients at
Address707 S.W. Gaines StreetPortland, Oregon 97239
Before scheduling your appointment, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify that the OHSU Health location or provider you plan to visit is included in your network. Your insurance company will also be able to inform you of any copayments, co–insurance, or deductibles that will be your responsibility. If you proceed in scheduling an appointment and your health insurance benefits do not participate with OHSU providers, your out of pocket liability may be higher. Visit the billing and insurance section of our site for more information.
Dr. Hayflick specializes in research and treatment of neurodegeneration with brain iron accumulation (NBIA) disorders, a group of rare, inherited, neurological disorders. Dr. Hayflick is an international leader in the care and management of the NBIA disorders, and her research team is focused on advancing therapeutics for each NBIA disorder. She is a clinical, biochemical and molecular geneticist who sees patients and consults on NBIA cases world-wide. She specializes in PKAN, BPAN, INAD, PLAN, FAHN, MPAN, CoPAN, MePAN, and related disorders. Dr. Hayflick sees patients by appointment only.
- M.D., 1985, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
- Internship and Residency in Pediatrics, The Maine Medical Center, Portland Maine, 1988
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Medical Genetics, The Center for Medical Genetics, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore Maryland, 1991
- National Board of Medical Examiners, 1988
- ABMGG-certified in Clinical Genetics, 1991
- ABMGG-certified in Biochemical and Molecular Genetics, 1991
Memberships and associations
- American Society of Human Genetics
- Movement Disorders Society
- American College of Medical Genetics, Founding member