APA and citationsWriting tipsUnderstanding research articlesLearning supportTed talksReading comprehension ResumesGraduate students
Organizing Your Paper
- The MEAL Plan: A Brief Explanation – This is a must to improve your writing! This technique can help you organize your draft at both the paragraph and whole-paper levels.
- Reverse Outlining: A Tool for Revision – You're done writing your paper, but you think something's not quite right. Reverse outlining is an excellent tool to organize your draft and check it for coherence. Find out about it here!
- How to Write Better - Writing Tips on Voice, Tense, Perspective, Cliche and Wordiness – The title says it all. Includes a very clear explanation of the difference between active and passive voice.
- From Idea to Library – This short video resolves the mystery of what research articles are and where they come from.
- Test Taking Strategies – Do you get nervous before an exam? Worried about an up-coming test? This video can help! Specific, user-friendly techniques are explained in a light-hearted manner.
Check out these enlightening videos when you have a little more time:
- Body Language and Communication – How your body language affects what you communicate. Interesting and informative!
- Communicating Science - This clip, "Talk Nerdy to Me," has great tips on how to better convey scientific information (like nursing information!)
- Narrative Medicine - This is a poignant video that could profoundly change how you approach your nursing practice.
- Writing for publication
These 3 videos will help guide you through the process of publishing your own journal article.
- Conducting a literature search