Knight Research Membership
The research membership of the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute is composed of researchers, scientists and clinicians working together to provide world-class patient care and groundbreaking research to reduce the morbidity and mortality of cancer.
All research members receive regular updates about the institute's development activities, resources, programs and educational activities. Research members are actively encouraged to engage in collegial discussion and discovery, collaboration, solicitation of extramural funding and dissemination in all forms of scientific discoveries.
Additional research member benefits include:
- Support of cancer-related research through subsidies for use of shared resources
- Priority use of conference facilities
- Educational opportunities through program-specific conferences and multidisciplinary collaborations
- Access to NCI supplemental funds and pilot funds (funds request form )
- Information and assistance related to the acquisition of extramural funding
- Biostatistics pre-award grant submission and clinical protocol and proposal development
- Institutional clinical research support, including scientific review and data monitoring through our Clinical Research Management shared resource
- Clinical trials support in areas from design to accrual through our Clinical Research Management shared resource
How to become a research member
Membership Criteria and Application and return to:
OHSU Knight Cancer Institute
Mail Code: CR145
3181 S.W. Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, OR 97239
Benefits of Research Membership
Our four Research Programs are centered on discovering new methods to make personalized cancer therapy and prevention a reality. To support this mission, the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute supports many Shared Resources that provide access to state-of-the-art technologies to facilitate development and reduce the time that it takes to move findings from the bench-to-bedside.