Program/Department Chair: Kathy Cook
Program length: 27 months
Admit by cohort: Yes
Authorized Award(s): Nurse Anesthesia - MN (CIP Code: 51.1604)
Minimum number graded credit hours: 109 credits for MN
Minimum acceptable GPA: 3.0 GPA
Program Purpose Statement
The NAP recognizes the growing community health needs within Oregon, the Northwest, and across the United States. The NAP strives to maintain high standards in educating qualified Registered Nurses at the graduate level in the domain of nurse anesthesia. The program endeavors to provide the Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists (SRNA) with a solid foundation of scientific knowledge, clinical skills, and accountability, with a progressive understanding of the components of clinical judgment.
Student Learning Outcomes Statements
Nurse Anesthesia Program Objectives:
At the end of the OHSU Nurse Anesthesia program the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe patient care with an emphasis on continual quality improvement throughout the perianesthetic period.
- Provide indvidualized, culturally sensitive perianesthetic management
- Apply critical thinking skills during the perianesthetic period to ensure high quality patient care.
- Use effective communication skills and technologies to provide collaborative perianesthetic care.
- Integrate professional leadership skills in the delivery of perianesthetic care.
- Synthesize relevant, current scientific knowledge and evidence based research findings into practice.
- Employ advocacy strategies to influence health care policy.