Oregon Developmental Biology Program
Inaugural Retreat 2017Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU; Portland) and University of Oregon (UO; Eugene)
January 5th: 11am-7pm
January 6th: 8am-2pm
Please Register For This Event at the LINK.
By Invitation Only
By Invitation Only
*You must register before December 10th to get your free t-shirt*
Questions about assisted listening capabilities should be directed to Dr. John Brigande.
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd.
Portland, OR 97239
GoalEnhance and optimize basic science training in the state of Oregon. Broaden the training platform for students and post-doctoral fellows engaged in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology at OHSU and UO to enhance their research capability through exposure to cutting-edge technology, alternative model systems, and translational research opportunities.
MissionTo synergistically link complementary strengths in developmental and stem cell biology at OHSU and UO for the enhancement and optimization of graduate training in the state of Oregon.
PostersIf you are a postdoctoral fellow or graduate student please submit your poster title to present at the Poster Session on January 5th at 4:00pm.
Maximum poster size is 4'x4’. Please bring posters to be hung on the first day of the meeting. Pins will be available.
DirectionsDirections to Portland
*Please note there is NO parking available on Marquam Hill for this event. OHSU recommends arriving in Portland via Bolt Bus for about $16 each way*.
Bolt Bus picks up in Eugene at 5th Street Market and drops off in Portland at NW Everett and NW 8th Ave (about 5 blocks away from the Hotel Vintage).
Driving Directions to OHSU
- From the South via I-5
- Travel North on I-5
- Take exit 297 (Terwilliger Blvd.)
- Turn left at stop light onto S.W. Terwilliger Blvd.
- Turn right onto S.W. Barbur Blvd and continue for approximately 3 miles
- Make a sharp left onto S.W. Caruthers St.
- Turn left at the second light onto S.W. 6th Ave.
Directions to OHSU from Hotels
Directions from RiverPlace Hotel to OHSU, Auditorium
Kimpton RiverPlace Hotel
1510 SW Harbor Way,
Portland, OR 97201
All day TriMet passes are included in your travel packet.
From: RiverPlace Hotel to OHSU, Auditorium
- Head South on SW Harbor Way toward SW Mill St.
- Turn right onto SW Montgomery St.
- Continue onto SW Harrison St.
- Sharp right to stay on SW Harrison Street- the SW Harrison St. Streetcar Platform will be on the right (.3 mi).
- Board Portland Streetcar –NS Line
- Ride for 3 stops (5 min) until you reach the OHSU Plaza (OHSU’s Center for Health & Healing and Portland Aerial Tram)
- Disembark the Streetcar (Stop ID: 12377)
- Board the Aerial Tram (4 min. ride) All day TriMet passes are included in your travel packet.
- Disembark the Aerial Tram and proceed through the double doors and into Kohler Pavilion to the end of the building.
- Exit doors, proceed down the stairs and continue straight up the sidewalk (past the main hospital) until you see the stairs in front of you.
- Use the stairs to take the bridge or go through the sliding doors on your left into the Library (BICC) and take the elevators on your left to the 4th floor (bridge).
- Cross the bridge and go to the left and enter the building labeled “Auditorium”.
422 SW Broadway,
Portland, OR 97205
Tri Met Adult ticket: $2.50 for 2 ½ hours, $5 all day
Exact fare needed to purchase ticket as you board the bus
From: Hotel Vintage to OHSU, Auditorium
- Head south on SW Broadway toward SW Washington St. (¼ mile)
- Turn left onto Morrison Street. Bus will pick you up at SW 5th and Morrison (Stop ID 7625)
- Board 8- Jackson Park/NE 15th to Marquam Hill
- Get off at SW Sam Jackson Pk & US Veterans (Stop ID 5032)
- Walk up the hill and either take the stairs to the bridge (directly in front of you) or go into the building (sliding doors to your left) and take the elevators to your left to the 4th floor (bridge)
- Cross the bridge and go to the left and enter the building labeled “Auditorium”