Awards & Recognition
- The Department of Radiation Oncology marked an important occasion in patient care
- OHSU Knight Cancer Institute recent achievements with the community
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Blue Distinction Center for Transplant awarded to Stem Cell Transplant Program for adult autologous and allogeneic bone marrow/stem cell transplant for 2009 - designation awarded by Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- AYA Oncology Program Named Fertile Hope Center of Excellence and joins only six other institutions in the country who have met the criteria for this national recognition.
- Circle of Life awarded to the OHSU Palliative Medicine and Comfort Care Program (PMCCT)
Blue Distinction Center awarded for Rare and Complex Cancers 2008 - designation awarded by Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- David Dilts, PhD, MBA, the Knight's Director of Clinical Research, is honored by the NIH
- Study May Result in More Targeted GIST Treatment Michael Heinrich, M.D., and Christopher Corless, M.D., Ph.D.
- Promising New Drug Blocks Mutation in Bone Marrow Cancers Thomas Bumm, M.D., Ph.D. Michael Deininger, M.D., Ph.D.,
- Radiation Technology Combined with Immunotherapy for Greater Effectiveness Marka Crittenden, M.D., Ph.D.,
- Black Americans at Greater Risk for Colon Polyps David A. Lieberman, M.D.
- 2009 Lasker-DeBakey Award for Clinical Medical Research Awarded to Brian Druker
- Golden Rose Awards winners: Kevin Billingsley, Shuih Wen Luoh, Martha McInnes, Mary Denise Smith
- 2009 ASCO Cancer Foundation Young Investigator Award was given to Patrick Gagnon, M.D., in the Department of Radiation Medicine
New Law Requires Insurance Providers to Cover Standard Care for Clinical Trials
Senate Bill 316 was signed into law by Governor Kulongoski, mandating insurance companies to cover standard care while patients are on clinical trials. coordinated by Brandon Hayes- Lattin, M.D.