Medical Physics Residency Program
Welcome to OHSU's Radiation Medicine Medical Physics Residency Program. Trainees of this Program will experience clinical training in all aspects of radiation oncology physics. Upon completion of the program, a certificate will be issued and the trainee will be well prepared for board certification and a professional career in radiation oncology.
The OHSU Medical Physics Residency Program follows the Guidelines for Accreditation of Medical Physics Residency Programs, published by Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Program.
The objective of the residency program is to train each resident under the supervision of board certified medical physicists in both routine and highly specialized procedures covering such areas as radiation calibration, radiation safety, quality assurance, dosimetry and treatment planning, and brachytherapy.
Resident competency is evaluated throughout the training and residents will progressively participate in the routine clinical duties of a staff physicist. At the completion of the program the resident will be prepared to sit for the certification examination of the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Radiology Physics.
- Treatment Planning (3D, IMRT, VMAT)
- Quality Assurance
- Stereotactic Radiotherapy (SRS, SBRT)
- Specialty Procedures (TBI, TSE, Intrabeam)
- Brachytherapy (HDR GYN, HDR Breast, LDR Eye plaque, LDR Prostate)
- Acceptance Testing and Commissioning (Linear Accelerators and Treatment Planning Systems)
- Radiation Safety
- Monica Kishore, MS (Medical Physics Residency Program Coordinator)
- Brandon Merz, MS
- James A, Tanyi, PhD
- Junan Zhang, PhD
- Richard J. Crilly, PhD
- Susha Pillai, MS
- Wolfram Laub, PhD, MBA (Medical Physics Residency Director and Director of Medical Physics)
Stephanie Junell, PhD
The Department of Radiation Medicine is currently accepting applications for a physics residency position beginning in July 2014. Interested applicants may apply through the OHSU Human Resources website using job ID RC42504. The posting will be closed when a qualified applicant has been selected.
Resident Enrollment Statistics
* One resident left the program prior to completion of the residency after discussing a job offer with the Program Director. It was agreed that the resident was in good standing to continue ABR certification if the remaining rotation components were met on the job.