Point of Care Laboratory
The goal of the Point-of-Care Engineering Laboratory at OHSU is to develop approaches and technologies that allow early detection and remediation of physical and cognitive decline.
Our interests include:
- Technologies to aid evaluation and remediation of neurological disorders
- Assistive technologies for helping the elderly remain independent
- Modeling of cognitive and motor changes
- Development of unobtrusive sensor technologies
- Integrated management of clinical and sensor data
Research in this lab uses a multitude of engineering approaches, including multi-resolutional signal processing, sophisticated statistical analyses, modeling of physical behaviors of sensors, and computational models of cognitive behaviors. Research spans sensor development to algorithm development to clinical field studies.