Rising tuition places an extraordinary burden on students seeking degrees as health care professionals.As an institution, OHSU is committed to our students and sensitive to this burden.
Introducing the OHSU Tuition Promise. The OHSU Tuition Promise means that for students enrolled in eligible clinical degree programs during specific academic years, the tuition rate paid will be "locked in" with no rate increase for the remainder of their studies, as long as they complete the degree within the timeframe specified by the degree program.
Eligible academic years for the OHSU Tuition Promise are:
- 2013-14 academic year – all new and returning students enrolled during 2013-14 in one of the eligible degree programs listed below, will not incur a tuition rate increase during the remaining years of their degree (according to the timeline specified by the degree program)
- 2014-15 academic year – all new students enrolled during 2014-15 in one of the eligible degree programs listed below will also not incur a tuition rate increase during the remaining years of their degree (according to the timeline specified by the degree program)
For example, a new student entering in 2014-15 to a four-year eligible degree program, listed below, would incur the same tuition rate during the four-year length of their program. Also, a returning student who is enrolling in 2013-14 in the second year of a four-year eligible degree program listed below would incur the same tuition rate during the second, third and fourth years of their degree program.
By "locking in" tuition for the duration of the degree program, the OHSU Tuition Promise benefits eligible students by providing a fixed tuition rate resulting in greater predictability of expenses. Additionally, the cap on the tuition rate will result in a reduced debt load upon graduation.
Eligible Programs for the OHSU Tuition Promise
Students eligible for the OHSU Tuition Promise must be enrolled in one of the following programs at any OHSU campus:
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies
- Master of Clinical Dietetics
- Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition
- Masters of Nursing in:
o Nurse Anesthesia
o Family Nurse Practitioner
o Nurse Midwifery
o Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science in Radiation Therapy
- 3-Year OCNE Bachelor of Science in Nursing (excluding RN/BS)
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Students in programs not listed above, as well as joint degree programs with Oregon State University (OSU), Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT) and Portland State University (PSU) are not eligible.
While the tuition rate for eligible students will remain the same under the OHSU Tuition Promise, other expenses such as fees, books, supplies or equipment charges are subject to change.
To find out more about the program, please download the OHSU Tuition Promise brochure.