Program at a Glance
- The Ph.D. program opened in the fall of 1985, the 28th in the US, 6th in the West.
- The Ph.D. is a research-intensive degree and faculty have expertise in qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Approximately 40 Ph.D. students are enrolled
- See meet our students for examples of dissertation topics.
- Courses are taught to both face-to-face students and distance students using "distance friendly" technology.
- OHSU is a health sciences campus with access to laboratories, clinical populations and research centers.
- The average time to completion of the degree is 5.4 years
- Ph.D. students from Western states in the western Regional Graduate Program pay in-state tuition.
- View the new Ph.D. brochure to get an overview