What's New at TTBD
Introducing the Guide to TTBD at OHSU
Do you have questions about the patent process?
Do you need to bring research materials to OHSU or send them to a potential partner?
Do you ever wonder whether your discovery has commercial value and should be protected?
Are you curious about how OHSU can support you in working with industry partners?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Guide to Technology Transfer & Business Development at OHSU can help. This document serves as a roadmap for the OHSU community and outlines the services and assistance that TTBD can offer. Prefer a printed copy instead? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide one for you.
TTBD Newsletter, Vol. 1, Issue 2, October 2013
Find out about all of the latest happenings in Tech Transfer and Business Development at OHSU. Read our quarterly newsletter HERE.
- The Guide to Technology Transfer and Business Development – A handy online document outlining how our office can assist you.
- Important patent law changes – What is happening with the Association for Molecular Pathology v. Myriad Genetics case and how does that relate to patents at OHSU?
- How to fast track your Material Transfer Agreements – TTBD's quick and efficient way of online processing.
- Industry and academic collaborations – Did you know that, on average, 2.57 agreements are signed per day?
- Keep up with events – Add a list of interesting events to your calendar. Some are right here on campus.
Faculty Guide for Startups Sited at OHSU
If you are thinking about forming a start-up, be sure to refer to this essential new resource, the Faculty Guide for Start-Ups Sited at OHSU. The guide provides contact information for a list of on-campus units you'll need to work with, including Technology Transfer & Business Development to discuss intellectual property licenses and business planning, Campus Planning to discuss leases of OHSU space and other logistics, and the Integrity Office to discuss conflicts of interest.
This guide was developed by Janet Billups, policy advisor to the vice president for research, at the request of Dan Dorsa, Ph.D., and the OHSU Research Council with input from the scientific community and research administration.