What's New at TTBD
Introducing the Guide to TTBD at OHSU
Do you have questions about the patent process?
Do you need to bring research materials to OHSU or send them to a potential partner?
Do you ever wonder whether your discovery has commercial value and should be protected?
Are you curious about how OHSU can support you in working with industry partners?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Guide to Technology Transfer & Business Development at OHSU can help. This document serves as a roadmap for the OHSU community and outlines the services and assistance that TTBD can offer. Prefer a printed copy instead? Email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to provide one for you.
TTBD Newsletter, Vol. 2, Issue 1, January 2014Check out our quarterly Technology Transfer & Business Development Newsletter HERE.
In this issue, we discuss:
- Business Development Updates – Hear about the Business Development Research Consortia and how our second annual Startup Symposium was a great success
- United States Legislation Update – Keep up-to-date on “the Innovation Act” and “the Transfer Act of 2013” and how it might affect you
- TTBD Patent Evaluation Process – Learn more about our patent evaluation process along with the requirements to invention patentability
- News and Developments – Read about ReelDX and their featured articles on KATU News and BusinessWire.com along with OHSU’s partnership with the Portland Development Commission and Portland State University on grants to startup companies
- Upcoming Events – Add a list of interesting events to your calendar, some of which are right here on campus
To subscribe to the quarterly newsletter Contact Us today.
Faculty Guide for Startups Sited at OHSU
If you are thinking about forming a start-up, be sure to refer to this essential new resource, the Faculty Guide for Start-Ups Sited at OHSU. The guide provides contact information for a list of on-campus units you'll need to work with, including Technology Transfer & Business Development to discuss intellectual property licenses and business planning, Campus Planning to discuss leases of OHSU space and other logistics, and the Integrity Office to discuss conflicts of interest.
This guide was developed by Janet Billups, policy advisor to the vice president for research, at the request of Dan Dorsa, Ph.D., and the OHSU Research Council with input from the scientific community and research administration.