What is MedTech Alliance?
A platform for investors and industry representatives to stay up-to-date on early stage technologies developed at OHSU. The goal of the MedTech Alliance is to initiate collaborations and advance OHSU technologies.
HOW DOES MEDTECH ALLIANCE WORK?
- Semi-annual in-person meetings that showcase OHSU technologies or startup companies
- Quarterly email updates on new technologies and companies
- User friendly web portal available 24/7/365
WHO SHOULD JOIN MEDTECH ALLIANCE?
Nationally and locally-based industry professionals and investors interested in OHSU technologies and startups should join the MedTech Alliance.
Click HERE for more information!
What's New at TTBD
Introducing the Guide to TTBD at OHSU
Do you have questions about the patent process?
Do you need to bring research materials to OHSU or send them to a potential partner?
Do you ever wonder whether your discovery has commercial value and should be protected?
Are you curious about how OHSU can support you in working with industry partners?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Guide to Technology Transfer & Business Development at OHSU can help. This document serves as a roadmap for the OHSU community and outlines the services and assistance that TTBD can offer. Prefer a printed copy instead? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide one for you.
TTBD Newsletter - Summer 2014 IssueTo view our quarterly Technology Transfer & Business Development Newsletter, click HERE.
Check out the latest news in the office of Technology Transfer & Business Development (TTBD)
In this issue, we will discuss:
• OHSU’s partnership with the Allegory Venture Partners – Learn about OHSU’s effort to accelerate venture investment in life science companies in Oregon
• Patent Section 101 changes – Read how changes from the US Patent and Trademark Office could affect your inventions patentability
• The TTBD Internship Program – TTBD’s new internship program allows students the opportunity to gain experience in technology transfer, patent law and startup development
• News and Events – Attend TTBD’s Lunch & Learn presentation, 2014 TTBD Awards Ceremony, the 3rd Annual OHSU Startup Symposium, or the MedTech Alliance pre-launch event
To subscribe to the quarterly newsletter Contact Us today.
Faculty Guide for Startups Sited at OHSU
If you are thinking about forming a start-up, be sure to refer to this essential new resource, the Faculty Guide for Start-Ups Sited at OHSU. The guide provides contact information for a list of on-campus units you'll need to work with, including Technology Transfer & Business Development to discuss intellectual property licenses and business planning, Campus Planning to discuss leases of OHSU space and other logistics, and the Integrity Office to discuss conflicts of interest.
This guide was developed by Janet Billups, policy advisor to the vice president for research, at the request of Dan Dorsa, Ph.D., and the OHSU Research Council with input from the scientific community and research administration.