The Cohort Discovery is a web-based tool that allows OHSU researchers to discover patient cohort counts from Epic data for preparatory to research purposes. This information contained in Cohort Discovery is de-identified but patient data sets can be extracted from saved searches with proper IRB approval.
Link to COHORT DISCOVERY
USES OF COHORT DISCOVERY
- Assess the feasibility of research studies
- Identify patients meeting inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Pre-IRB study planning
- Laboratory Results including Microbiology
- Patient Visits
- Vital Signs
HOW TO USE COHORT DISCOVERY
To utilize this tool researchers must participate one time in a two hour training prior to gaining access. Tutorials are offered once a month in the BICC 120 Training Room. To register please refer to the User Requirements section.
- Wednesday, May 18, 2016 from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Friday, June 17, 2016 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Additionally, OCTRI holds weekly Cohort Discovery Drop-In/Demo Help Sessions every Wednesday from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm in School of Nursing, Conference Room 425. Please stop by to learn more about Cohort Discovery and how to utilize it in your research!
To register for a tutorial, send an email to OCTRI Informatics Research Support. Pre-registration at least 1 business day in advance is required to attend a Cohort Discovery training.
- Prior to registration attendees must have a current OHSU network log-in with an OHSU user ID and password and an OHSU employee ID number.
- There are 3 pre-requisite (required) trainings in Big Brain that an individual must complete prior to attending the tutorial. The trainings that need to be completed and have a current status as "Completed" are :
- HIPAA - Privacy and You
- RCR for All
- RCR Involving Human Subjects
- Upon arrival at training, individuals will need to sign the Cohort Discovery Access Agreement.
COHORT DISCOVERY HELP SESSIONS
If you've already attended a Tutorial Session and you need help please send an email to the Informatics Research Support Team.
- Epic Data for Research Purposes
- REDCap Tutorial Drop-in Sessions
- Research Databases: REDCap & Customized Databases