OHSU is ranked the No. 1 hospital in Oregon and the Portland metro area for the sixth consecutive year, according to U.S. News & Word Report's Best Hospitals 2016-2017. Read more
About the OHSU Brain Institute
The OHSU Brain Institute is dedicated to understanding, healing, and protecting the brain through cutting-edge research, outstanding patient care, innovative public education, and training of future neuroscience leaders for Oregon and the world.
Awards and recognition
With the first Joint Commission-designated Comprehensive Stroke Center in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon's only Fourth Level Epilepsy Center and a Center of Excellence in Parkinson's care, research and education, the OHSU Brain Institute is a national leader in patient care and research. Read more.
Colin's DBS story
Deep brain stimulation surgery offered Colin life-changing relief. Learn more about candidacy.
Read how the OHSU Brain Institute has changed the lives of patients.
On our blog
- Meet Patricia O’Shea, Brain Resource Center volunteer
- April Spotlight: Neuroradiology and the fMRI exam
- Parkinson’s patient worried about DBS surgery — but not about the team at OHSU
- Neuroscience research news you may have missed
- Deep brain stimulation surgery: Eugene patient shares his story