Alzheimer’s Disease Education
Brain TLC presentations, featuring speakers on topics related to dementia prevention
What if it's not Alzheimer's? Update on Lewy body dementia and frontotemporal dementia
Joseph Quinn, M.D.
June 14, 2016
Preventing Alzheimer's disease and other dementias: present and future
Email ADresearch@ohsu.edu for more information.
Joseph Quinn, M.D.
Memory Disorders: New Diagnosis Educational Workshop
A once a month educational session for OHSU memory disorder patients and their family members.
Learn more about this workshop
Preventing Alzheimer's disease
While there is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease, there are things you can do to prevent it. This seminar with Dr. Joseph Quinn will review current prevention strategies for Alzheimer’s and dementia, from simple lifestyle changes promoting brain health to experimental therapies offered at the OHSU Brain Institute.
How to stay mentally sharp as we age
Outreach, Recruitment and Education Core
The Outreach, Recruitment and Education Core of the Layton Aging & Alzheimer’s Disease Center provides a wide range of educational programs to:
- Increase public awareness and understanding of Alzheimer's Disease research
- Aid in the recruitment of subjects for research studies
- Improve care and quality of life for persons with dementia and support their family caregivers.
Educational Activities Include:
- Train health care professionals
- Collaborate with other organizations to promote awareness of memory disorders and research activities, emphasizing underserved populations
- Work with service organizations, e.g., the Alzheimer’s Association and state and local agencies to develop programs and advocate for policies that improve health and quality of life of older adults in Oregon
- Distribute topical information and deliver community education on Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- A newsletter, Aging & Alzheimer's Update, published twice per year
Oregon Income Tax Check-Off Alzheimer's Research Fund
The Education Core administers the Oregon Income Tax Check-off Alzheimer's Research Fund in collaboration with The Oregon Partnership for Alzheimer's Research, a community advisory committee.