Alzheimer's Disease and Aging
Our vision is to add life to years, not simply years to life.
The OHSU C. Rex and Ruth H. Layton Aging and Alzheimer's Disease Center is recognized as a national leader in dementia care and research. We are a NIA-funded Alzheimer's Disease Center. We conduct studies of promising treatments, technologies for patient and caregiver support, genetics, neuroimaging and pathology. The expertise of our multidisciplinary staff, and the generosity of community members who volunteer as research participants, are essential to the success of our programs.
When to seek a diagnosis
Is what I am experiencing normal aging, or should I be tested for dementia?
Read more about when to seek a diagnosis
First visit?Have your doctor call our consultation line to make a referral:
Stay updated with the latest Alzheimer's news from OHSU
On our blog
- A look at the influence of race and emotional context on face perception
- A small bet, at the right time and place
- The caregiver perspective: Jennifer’s story
- Nourish your neurons during the 2018 Brain Awareness Season
- New OHSU/VA study finds people very unlikely to reach out for emotional help on Facebook