The OHSU Brain Institute is a national leader in basic and clinical research discoveries that translate into treatment of neurological diseases. Learn more
About the OHSU Brain Institute
The OHSU Brain Institute is dedicated to understanding, healing, and protecting the brain through cutting-edge research, outstanding patient care, innovative public education, and training of future neuroscience leaders for Oregon and the world.
Awards and recognition
With the first Joint Commission-designated Comprehensive Stroke Center in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon's only Fourth Level Epilepsy Center and a Center of Excellence in Parkinson's care, research and education, the OHSU Brain Institute is a national leader in patient care and research. Read more.
Deep brain stimulation surgery offered Colin life-changing relief. Learn more about candidacy.
Read how the OHSU Brain Institute has changed the lives of patients.
On our blog
- How to talk about a tough topic: Tips for Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
- A look back at SAIL, the Summer Academy to Inspire Learning
- Five common myths about the brain―and the truth behind them
- Understanding frontotemporal dementia
- Caregiver corner: Pleasant Events tool can aid overtaxed caregivers