Behavioral Health Services
The Joseph B. Trainer (JBT) Health & Wellness Center is dedicated to supporting your overall well-being, including your emotional and behavioral health.
The staff at JBT understand and recognize that many people experience stress as they combine busy lives and the demands of studies, work, and making time for family and friends. Many individuals cope with this continuous state of stress differently, but after awhile, as the stress builds, many are not able to cope with the stress at all.
The result of continuous stress may cause a disruption in your physical, emotional, social, and spiritual well being.
JBT is here to support you and your needs. We offer a variety of support services that will not only help you recognize and identify your stressors, but will help you learn how to cope and relieve the stress in a healthy manner.
JBT provides counseling and psychiatric care for our students and postdoctoral scholars in a comfortable and confidential setting. These services include, but are limited to:
- Individual or couples therapy
- Support groups
- Psychiatric evaluation and/or referral
- Medication management
- Assessment, treatment and referral as appropriate for alcohol and other substance abuse related problems
Counseling Services-Learn More
Support and Wellness Services
In addition to clinical services, JBT provides many tools, outlets, and support services for your emotional, mental, and spiritual wellness. Offerings include:
- Refuel @ Noon and the Student Wellness Series (Mindfulness and/or Group Acupuncture Drop-In Sessions)
- Workshops on a variety of topics, including stress, burnout, self-care, sleep, and more (email JBT's Wellness Coordinator to request a workshop)
- Light and Mood Disorder Resources, including Light Therapy lamps available at JBT, BICC, and CLSB
- Wellness DVDs and Books, available from checkout from JBT
- Suicide Prevention Resources (GateKeeper Video Training)
- Safety and Crime Prevention
OHSU Wellness Services - Learn More