Physician assistants are highly trained members of the health care team who practice medicine with the supervision of licensed physicians, providing patients with a wide range of health care services. Please visit our PA Profession page to learn more about how PAs can contribute to your practice.
Precepting a clinical year PA student is an excellent way to see how a PA could fit into your practice. It also provides a valuable learning experience for our students. If you are interested in learning more about hosting an OHSU PA student for a clinical rotation, or employing a PA, please contact Claire Hull, M.H.S., PA-C, Clinical Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (503) 494-5488.
The American Academy of Physician Assistants provides excellent information about the physician assistants and the PA profession. Here are various links and pdfs related to the PA Profession and utilizing PAs in your clinical practice:
- About PAs and the PA profession
- Data and Statistics
- For Employers
- Hire a Physician Assistant
- State Laws and Regulations
- State Government and Licensing
- PAs and Specialty Practice
- PAs and Hospital Practice
- Issue Briefs (Professional Issues, Education, State Law Issues)
- Sample AMA/AAPA Physician Assistant Credential Verification Profile
- Reimbursement Issues
- Oregon Office of Rural Health Primary Care Loan Repayment Program