Application Instructions: Master of Clinical Research Track
View the eligibility criteria before applying to the MCR track. Currently enrolled students in the HIP certificate track may apply for the MCR Track after successfully completing the first year. Medical students enrolled in the Physician-Scientist Experience may apply if in good standing.
Applications may be submitted in the summer after completion of the first year as a certificate degree candidate in the HIP program and then on a revolving admission cycle after that. Due: July 15th for Fall term matriculation or on the opening date of registration for every other term after that based on the OHSU Graduate Academic Calendar (typically early November, February and May). Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions as soon as possible before the end of the registration window for the starting term.
Submit the following material only if you are currently enrolled in the certificate track or have permission from the program. Contact HIP office prior to application at (503) 494-3095.
1. Completed online applicationApply Now
After log in, select Human Investigations Program for the appropriate term. Choose Master of Clinical Research as the planned course of study. Contact the HIP Program Office if your program choice is not available, and do not submit an application to another program.
Special Instructions - to avoid confusion and possible duplication with your OHSU employee account, it is recommended to enter your social security number in the application form where requested in order to match with your employee record even though this is optional if you are not requesting financial aid. Social security numbers are kept securely in the Student System with limited access.Submit the following material by email to email@example.com:
2. A current CURRICULUM VITAE, which includes education, residencies and fellowships.
3. A SUPPORTING DOCUMENT answering the following questions (please keep each question to under a page in length).
- How will the MCR degree help you to meet your short and long term career goals?
- What mentoring experience do you plan for the MCR to help you meet those goals?
- What course work do you plan to take to meet these goals. Be specific if possible by providing a list with the terms in which you plan to take each course. These plans can be changed but will be used to help with registration.