Access Services Student Assistant
The Oregon Health & Science University Library in Portland, Oregon, is seeking a student assistant to support Access Services within the Information & Research Services Department.
- Staffing the Library Services desk, including assisting patrons with using library resources and requesting materials
- Issuing library cards, updating patron accounts, checking in/out of library material
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Paging requested material
- Shelving, shelf reading, and assisting in stacks maintenance, including shifting and moving of materials
- Assisting with opening and closing of library, including retrieving material from bookdrops around campus, shutting down computer systems, and replenishing supplies
- Assisting with cleaning and tidying library workstations, study rooms, and study tables
- Special projects which may involve photocopying, scanning, basic metadata input, and other duties as assigned by supervisors
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (6 hours undergraduate, 4.5 hours graduate)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- This position requires lifting and handling of objects 20-50 lbs.; pushing and maneuvering loaded book trucks, bending and stooping
- Previous work experience in an automated library preferred
This position requires lifting and handling of objects 20-50 lbs.; pushing and maneuvering loaded book trucks, bending and stooping
Part-time; approximately 20 hours/week. Specific hours and days to be arranged.
$10.50/hour to start
Fill out an online application at http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/services/human-resources/ and search for IRC52631.