Collection Support Technical AssistantFunctions/Duties of Position
The position is responsible for ordering monograph and serial publications, and maintenance of acquisitions information in the OHSU Library’s integrated library system. This position assists with initial review, edit and negotiation of licenses for electronic resources and coordinates collection of electronic resource usage statistics. Additional functions include assisting with collection development and management activities such as deselection of materials and renewals of periodicals. To accomplish these duties, the position works and consults with the supervisor and other departmental staff.
- Coordinates the ordering and renewal of monograph and serial publications. Verifies subscriptions and information in vendor's online system. Responsible for resolving order problems with library vendors. Responsible for invoice reconciliation and preparation for payment. Develops and maintains acquisitions records using the Library’s integrated library system. Maintains relationships with vendors.
- Coordinates collection of electronic resource usage statistics. Maintains and updates statistical information related to periodical subscriptions and performs data manipulation.
- Directs the Collections Student Assistant who is responsible for receipt of print materials.
- Assists the Acquisitions and Resource Management Librarian with review and negotiation of licenses for electronic resources. Creates and maintains licensing files and maintains license information in the integrated library system.
- Staffs the Library Service Desk; monitors and responds to questions in LibAnswers.
- Attends training and update sessions on library services and regular departmental/Library meetings. Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Three years of work experience as a Library Technician or in a library environment; OR an associate’s degree and certification as a Library Assistant and 2 years of library experience; OR a bachelor’s degree and 2 years of library experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Familiarity with integrated library systems
- Experience searching bibliographic databases, online catalogs, and the internet in an library environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer support skills
- Proficiency with word processing software such as Microsoft Word
- Experience with spreadsheet creation programs such as Microsoft Excel
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with licensing of electronic resources
- Familiarity with ExLibris’s Alma library management system
- Familiarity with library acquisitions processes
Applications: To apply please visit http://ohsujobs.com and search for position IRC62723.