Written by Miles Ellenby, M.D. Five years ago, OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital and Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene started a quiet revolution in the treatment of critically ill pediatric patients in Oregon. We launched a two-way audio/video connection that virtually puts Portland-based pediatric intensivists at the bedside of young patients in Eugene. OHSU specialists can help Eugene pediatricians diagnose patients and initiate treatment minutes after the patient arrives in the emergency room. Telemedicine also … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Dine out for life with the OHSU Partnership Project
- OHSU Casey Eye Institute Collaborates with American Samoa
- OHSU Nursing student shows off-the-clock heroism
- OHSU celebrates Volunteer Week
- OHSU celebrates National Doctors Day
- Mark Kemball on OHSU Nursing student shows off-the-clock heroism
- David Larson on Student perspective: OHSU School of Dentistry
- Jessica Columbo on Your health questions answered: What can I do about high cholesterol?
- Deo on Your health questions answered: What can I do about high cholesterol?
- Stephanie Gillispie on Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week