Written by Miles Ellenby, M.D. Five years ago, OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital and Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene started a quiet revolution in the treatment of critically ill pediatric patients in Oregon. We launched a two-way audio/video connection that virtually puts Portland-based pediatric intensivists at the bedside of young patients in Eugene. OHSU specialists can help Eugene pediatricians diagnose patients and initiate treatment minutes after the patient arrives in the emergency room. Telemedicine also … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Thank you to OHSU’s “Godmother of Midwifery”
- Simple steps to maximize heart health
- Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- A better way to document patient end-of-life treatment wishes
- Skin care event brings together researchers, registry participants
- Kathy Hanavan on Thank you to OHSU’s “Godmother of Midwifery”
- Jessica Columbo on Simple steps to maximize heart health
- M. Susan Dean on Simple steps to maximize heart health
- eye fan on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care
- Lauren on Women’s health: 9 tips for better eye care