Ryan was one of the sickest patients I had managed in years. Pneumonia was robbing his bloodstream of oxygen, and I was sure I would have to send him to Portland for specialized care. But that didn’t happen. Instead, interactive video technology allowed doctors from OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital to consult on Ryan’s case from a distance. He made a full recovery at Bay Area Hospital, without the expense and family disruption of traveling to Portland. … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.
- Get Your Rear In Gear with #TeamOHSU
- Knight Cancer Institute researcher fights cancer with world-class athletes
- Celebrating survivorship at OHSU
- Collaboration gives distant patients access to specialized cancer treatment
- Advice for Billy
- Paul on OHSU announces NCAA basketball team
- Nicole on Who’s the snow boss?
- dana braner on Who’s the snow boss?
- Nancy D. Christie on Giving the gift of human experience
- Tim Herrick on Small town collaborations, big health dividends