As federal budgets tighten, scientists are finding creative new ways to advocate for research funding. Earlier this year, National Institutes of Health Director Francis Collins asked researchers to tweet about how sequestration was impacting their laboratories using the hashtag #NIHSequesterImpact. In July, the Association of American Medical Colleges launched its Research Means Hope campaign, which leverages the social media site Tumblr to raise public awareness about important health discoveries funded by taxpayer dollars. OHSU research is … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Hard work pays off for local OHSU research intern
- OHSU physicians abroad: Improving women’s quality of life in Ethiopia
- New women’s health research addresses pain with intimacy
- How to: Healthy summer barbecues and potlucks
- How important is early detection in testicular cancer?
- Jennifer Smith on OHSU physicians abroad: Improving women’s quality of life in Ethiopia
- Kate on How to: Healthy summer barbecues and potlucks
- Kathi Jones on A Mother’s Day Thank You
- Joie Faulk on How to: Healthy summer barbecues and potlucks
- Jim on Pioneering in-home stroke care