By Kate Geller, Knight Cardiovascular Institute This Valentine’s Day, try to take inspiration from all of the heart-shaped cards, chocolate boxes and balloons to show yourself some love, by focusing on your own heart health. Almost everyone has risk factors for heart disease, but thankfully, we can all practice prevention by exercising heart-healthy eating habits. Margarine vs. Butter? A question our experts often get from patients is around cooking with margarine or butter. According to Tina Kaufman, … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Breaking new ground in global health for girls and women
- 10 things we love about OHSU nurses
- Research Week: Three Questions for OHSU’s Evan Lind, Ph.D.
- A glimpse of Heartopia at the Heart & Stroke Walk
- One dinner party. Three transplants. Six lives changed.
- Dena Hassouneh on 10 things we love about OHSU nurses
- Jan Marthaler on One dinner party. Three transplants. Six lives changed.
- Mark Kemball on OHSU Nursing student shows off-the-clock heroism
- David Larson on Student perspective: OHSU School of Dentistry
- Jessica Columbo on Your health questions answered: What can I do about high cholesterol?