Written by Miles Ellenby, M.D. Five years ago, OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital and Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene started a quiet revolution in the treatment of critically ill pediatric patients in Oregon. We launched a two-way audio/video connection that virtually puts Portland-based pediatric intensivists at the bedside of young patients in Eugene. OHSU specialists can help Eugene pediatricians diagnose patients and initiate treatment minutes after the patient arrives in the emergency room. Telemedicine also … Read More
Why 96,000 Square Miles?
President Robertson is fond of saying that OHSU has a 96,000 square mile campus, serving Oregonians “from Enterprise to Coos Bay, from Portland to Klamath Falls.”
This blog aims to highlight that breadth. 96,000 Square Miles (96K for short) will focus on the people of OHSU, the Oregonians we serve and the ripple effect of our work in Oregon and beyond.Read more
- Register for the Portland Metro HeartMap Challenge
- National Nurse Practitioner Week is November 9-14
- Melanoma event to spotlight latest research and survivor stories
- Don’t be scared by Halloween treats!
- OHSU Recognized as 2014 LGBT Healthcare Equality Leader
- Block Island Organics on Melanoma event to spotlight latest research and survivor stories
- Emma on Celebrating National Nurse-Midwifery Week
- Penni Harmon on Celebrating National Nurse-Midwifery Week
- rahel on OHSU physicians abroad: Improving women’s quality of life in Ethiopia
- Tim, RN BSN on OHSU physicians abroad: Improving women’s quality of life in Ethiopia