The ALM Core has a number of different imaging setups that each excel at different applications. Unless noted as in the Collaborative Life Sciences Building (CLSB), instruments are on Marquam hill in LBRB (see About for more location information).
- (CLSB) Zeiss LSM 880 on inverted microscope stand
- Zeiss LSM 780 on inverted microscope stand
- Zeiss LSM 710 on inverted microscope stand (part of super-resolution system)
- Olympus FV1000 on upright microscope stand
Our laser-scanning confocal microscopes are equipped with highly corrected objectives with high-numerical apertures for optimal multi-color imaging and optical sectioning.
Spinning Disk Confocal
Spinning disk confocal microscopy outperforms laser-scanning microscopy for live-cell imaging. These setups accept mutli-well plates for image-based screening assays.
- (CLSB) Zeiss Lightsheet Z.1 for aqueous and CLARITY imaging
Large live specimens can be imaged without toxicity long-term. The same system can be converted into a setup for fast 3D imaging of cleared tissues.
High Resolution Widefield
GE/API CoreDv Image Restoration Microscope
Deconvolution excels over confocal microscopy for thin, sparsely labeled specimens.
- Zeiss ApoTome2 on AxioImager
Our most economical solution for imaging fluorescence and colorimetric stains.
Fully automated imaging of routine histological specimens.
- (CLSB) Zeiss LSM 880 with Airyscan and Fast Airyscan
- Zeiss Elyra PS.1 with LSM 710 laser-scanning confocal and Airyscan
Structured illumination-based and Airyscan super-resolution microscopy are very accessible super-resolution technologies. One of our setups is also equipped for single-molecule localization techniques, such as PALM and STORM.
- Zeiss LSM 7MP on upright imaging stand
This setup is built for imaging intravitally in live rodents.
- Essen Biosciences IncuCyte ZOOM
Imaging device inside a tissue-culture incubator to follow cell growth and differentiation over days or quantify cell migration, angiogenesis and neurite outgrowth over time.
Image Analysis and Presentation
We have several high-end workstations with image analysis and processing software suites to analyze and present your multi-dimensional data.