REDCap Tutorial Drop-In Sessions
JULY 2016 TUTORIAL SCHEDULE - no registration necessary
- REDCap Basic Tutorial
- Thursday, 7/7, 2:00-4:00 pm, SON 415
- Thursday, 7/21, 2:00-4:00 pm, SON 415
- Wednesday, 7/27, 9:00-11:00 am, SON 415
REDCap Survey Tutorial
- Thursday, 7/14, 9:00-11:00 am, SON 415
REDCap Advanced Tutorial
- Thursday, 7/28, 9:00-11:00 am, SON 415
Attendance is required for staff who will be responsible for project set up and design.
The Survey Tutorial focuses on REDCap's survey functionality and will include demonstrations of specific survey features, including survey set up, repeating surveys, composing survey invitations, the participant list, automating invitations and the survey queue. Attendance is required for projects using survey functionality.
4th Wednesday of even numbered months from 9:00 a.m. to 11 a.m.
ADVANCED TUTORIAL* Class is offered during regular business days (non-holidays).
REDCAP HELP SESSIONS
If you've already attended a Tutorial Session and you need help, drop in on a Help Session which are every week. There are many reasons to come to an advanced tutorial or help session- sometimes for clarification on topics covered in the Basic Tutorial, help using advanced features or suggestions about strategies for collecting data. Prior attendance at a REDCap Tutorial is required.
•When: Every Monday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.*
•Where: SON 425
*Class is offered during regular business days (non-holidays).
- Study teams are expected to test their projects before requesting to move them into a "Production" status, going too fast can result in more work.
- Testing includes: entering test data, testing any branching logic and calculated fields, testing functionality used (e.g. double data entry, data exporting, data importing, and order of data collection variables and instruments) with their study team.
- Consult with a statistician regarding best practices for data collection and to review data exports.
- Real subject data should not be entered in projects with a "Development" status.
- For all research studies, when requesting that a project move into "Production" status, IRB approval is required.
- Avoid using exotic metacharacters (e.g. [, \, ^, $, |, ?, *, +)
- We expect study teams to test their projects before requesting to move them into "Production."
- Only enter test data while the project is in "Development" and you are in the process of set up and design.
Want to Learn More?
REDCap is user-friendly—fast and easy to set-up, web-based, and secure—ensuring data quality and compliance with regulatory requirements.
To schedule a data management consultation, contact OCTRI Informatics Research Support.
- Cohort Discovery for Count Requests
- Data Management Consultation
- REDCap Tutorial Drop-in Sessions
- Research Databases: REDCap & Customized Databases
- Survey Tools: REDCap