Time for some TLC!
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) supports excellence in instruction at OHSU. Formerly the Academic Technology Department, we have expanded our services to help faculty implement evidence-based best practices that maximize a student's academic potential.
To promote excellence in teaching, the OHSU TLC seeks to:
- encourage and facilitate a research-base for teaching decisions
- support both scholarly teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning
- develop and improve teaching skills that can be observed and measured
- encourage a view of teaching as a serious form of scholarship and important intellectual endeavor
- cultivate an institutional climate that values, rewards, and renews teaching excellence
- promote integration of new ideas and effective pedagogy into courses, programs, and curricula
- provide opportunities for on-going discussion about teaching and learning
- produce faculty members skilled in and knowledgeable about online course delivery that incorporates active and collaborative learning