OHSU Student Council Purpose:
1. To maintain and develop an intellectually stimulating atmosphere conducive to the acquisition and application of health and science knowledge.
2. To take action in the best interest of the student body and the OHSU community.
3. To provide an official unified voice through which student opinion may be expressed.
4. To provide an official and representative student on school designated committees which receive complaints, investigate student problems and participate in decisions impacting OHSU students.
5. To establish and maintain formal communication between the student body and the faculty/administration.
6. To promote the exchange of information and ideas among the various schools at OHSU. The council will host social and educational events and fund students and student groups/organizations who wish to provide services to the entire student body.