Types of Services
The Joseph B. Trainer Health & Wellness Center at OHSU offers many types of services for students, postdoctoral fellows and their adult dependents; from providing routine primary and preventive care services to behavioral health services.
Our office is here to meet a wide variety or your health care needs. There is no charge to visit a JBT Health & Wellness center provider or nurse.
We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm and are located in the lower level of Baird Hall. Counseling appointments are available outside of these hours.
Primary Care is located in room 18 while our Counseling, Wellness and Administrative offices are located in room 6.
Appointments can be made by calling 503 494-8665 or you can make request via MyChart™. Same day appointments are available, especially early in the day. Drop in visits are seen by the RN first and if available, triaged to the appropriate provider.
Primary Care Services Include:
- JBT Health & Wellness Center Physicians and Nurse Practitioners evaluate, diagnose and treat your primary health care needs
- Services in gynecology, dermatology, travel medicine and simple orthopedics
Primary Care Services - Learn More
Behavioral Health Services
- Crisis, grief, anxiety, depression, personal, relationship, and couples counseling
- Diagnostic psychiatric services, medication management
- Early morning and late afternoon appointments available in some cases
Behavioral Health Services - Learn More
- TB screening
- Cholesterol screening
- Pregnancy testing
- STD screening
- Travel Medicine
- Health awareness and stress management counseling
Preventive Services - Learn More
Important Note: It is always more cost effective to seek care here first, rather than seeing providers through your health insurance policy. Seeing an outside provider outside of JBT Health & Wellness will always incur direct costs to you. If a specialist is needed, our office will provide you with the referral you need that we will meet your health care needs.