2015-2016 Financial Aid (Summer 2015 through Spring 2016)
- Apply for Federal Financial Aid using the 2015-16 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply even if you are in the process of being admitted rather than waiting to be officially admitted. See link above for the list of financial aid eligible programs.
- OHSU school code is 004883
- If additional information is needed, you will be sent a request through email. Make sure to keep your email and mailing address updated with our office.
- If no information is needed, you will be sent an email indicating that we have received the application. This will be sent to the email listed on your federal financial aid application.
Look for ways to supplement your costs. Apply for outside scholarships as a way to decrease student loan debt. The best advice you can follow when searching for scholarships is to allow yourself plenty of time. Many sites will ask you detailed questions in order to match you up with potential scholarships so it can be time consuming. Don't give up!
Step 3 - What's Next?
Once you are admitted to a financial aid eligible program and all information requested has been submitted, your financial aid application will be reviewed.
- If upon review additional information is needed, you will be sent a request through email.
- If additional information is not needed or you submit all information requested, your financial aid eligibility will be determined. An award packet would be mailed to you, which outlines the aid awarded as well as additional steps needed to receive the funding. You will need to sign and return one copy of the ‘Notification of Eligibility’ to our office.
Equal Opportunity/Non-Discrimination Policy Statement
OHSU provides equal opportunities to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, or any other status protected by law. It does not discriminate on any status protected by law. This policy applies to all employment, education, volunteer, and patient care related activities or in any other aspect of OHSU's operation. Such compliance efforts are coordinated by the OHSU Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity (AAEO) Department. OHSU complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 and 34 CFR Part 106 by prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sex or gender in education programs, activities, employment, and admissions. Inquiries about Title IX compliance or sex/gender discrimination may be directed to the OHSU Title IX Coordinator: Michael Tom, AAEO Director, 503-494-5148, firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing address: Mail code MP240, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239. Office: Marquam Plaza Suite 240, 2525 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR 97239. AAEO email: email@example.com; website: http://www.ohsu.edu/aaeo. Title IX inquiries may also be directed to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights, 1-800-421-3481.