State of the School 2013
The School of Medicine is pleased to present the annual State of the School. This year, instead of the traditional in-person, all-faculty meeting, we're bringing the resources to you. Watch the videos below, take a stroll through some of the previous year's headlines and revisit photos commemorating some of the many notable accomplishments which occurred during fiscal year 2013. Let us know what you think about this format – and most of all, thank you for a memorable quasquicentennial (125th) year!
The year (or so) in highlights
- Welcome new graduate students!
- Congratulations! 74 faculty members promoted this year
- OHSU launches $25 million clinical and translational science initiative against lethal, hard-to-treat pancreatic disease
- Celebrating the nation’s (and Oregon’s) Physician Assistants
- OHSU School of Medicine welcomes M.D. class of 2017
- ARCS names eight new OHSU scholars to brighten the future of science
- Building a home for computational biology at OHSU
- OHSU receives $1 million for M.D. Curriculum Transformation
- OHSU Research Week another big success
- OHSU teams with Intel to decode the root causes of cancer and other complex diseases
- Sharon Anderson, M.D., appointed interim chair of the Department of Medicine
- Twenty years on: OHSU Neuroscience Graduate Program celebrates a milestone
- Sancy Leachman, M.D., Ph.D., appointed chair of the Department of Dermatology
- As all eyes turn to Oregon, OHSU poised to study impact of reform efforts
- New cardiovascular institute at OHSU will be named the OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute
- School of Medicine welcomes George Mejicano, M.D., M.S., new senior associate dean for education
- Read more School of Medicine news!
- Paper of the Month: honoring exemplary and innovative research
- Distinguished faculty: your awards and accolades
- Imagining the future: our 125th anniversary lecture series
- Who made headlines? Read OHSU media releases