Wolfram Laub, PhD, MBA
Clinical Associate Professor
Therapeutic Radiation Physics
George-Fox University, Portland (Executive MBA)
Eberhard-Karls University Tuebingen, Germany (MS in Physics)
Eberhard-Karls University Tuebingen, Germany (PhD in Physics, Department of Medical Physics)
Diplomat of American Board of Radiology/Radiation Oncology Physics
The department of Radiation Medicine offers various progressive treatment options, where each course of therapy is thoughtfully chosen and optimized to best suit the individual's needs.
Therapies currently offered include:
• 3-D conventional
• Conformal irradiation
• Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
• Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
• Respiratory gated radiation therapy
• High dose rate brachytherapy (HDR) for MammoSite and other multiple catheter treatments
• Low dose rate Cs-137 and I-125 brachytherapy
• Total body irradiation (TBI)
• Total skin electron irradiation
• Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) using both frames and masks
• Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
These treatments' accuracy is enhanced with the use of imaging devices to pin-point and/or locate the site of interest. Such technologies include a conventional simulator with fluoroscopy, CT and MRI scanners, cone-beam CT scanners, and a combined PET/CT scanner. The chosen therapy in conjunction with imaging produces an optimized treatment.
My research interests include small field dosimetry, Monte Carlo simulations, patient specific QA measurements and linear accelerator commissioning & RTP beam modeling.
- OHSU Medical Physics Residency Program Receives CAMPEP Accreditation
- Clinical radiation therapy measurements with a new commercial synthetic single crystal diamond detector
- Wolfram Laub Invited to Present in Buenos Aires
- Wolfram Laub Gave QA Seminar in Germany
- Wolfram Laub will present at the 2014 AAPM Southwest Chapter Spring Meeting
- Cell-Cycle Dependent Expression of a Translocation-Mediated Fusion Oncogene Mediates Checkpoint Adaptation in Rhabdomyosarcoma
- Joint OSU/OHSU Graduate Program in Medical Physics has received CAMPEP re-accreditation thru 2015
- Dr. Wolfram Laub's Radiation Health Physics (RHP 507) seminar delivered December 5th at Oregon State University.
- International Day of Medical Physics, Nov 7th, 2013
- Alex Egan's original research was selected for presentation at the 2013 AAPM meeting
- Dr. Laub is appointed to the European Affairs Subcommittee of the International Affairs Council