Nima Nabavizadeh, MD
Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Oregon
PGY-4, 2014 - 2015, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
PGY-2 (1st year Radiation Medicine) in 2012
Internal Medicine Preliminary Year (PGY1), University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK, 2012
MD, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK 2011
Doris Duke Charitable Foundation Clinical Research Fellowship, University of California, San Francisco, Department of Radiation Oncology, 2008-2009
Certificate in the Training in Clinical Research Program (TICR), University of California, San Francisco Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Award and Honors:
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Member of Gold Humanism Honor Society
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting Travel Grant
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) Education Grant
- Class of 1980 Scholarship, Coburn Scholarship, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine Scholarship
Cycling, bicycle construction and restoration, hiking, skiing and discovering new music.
Language Fluency (other than English):
Electromagnetic Navigational Bronchoscopy-guided Fiducial Markers for Lung Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy: Analysis of Safety, Feasibility, and Interfraction Stability.
Nabavizadeh N, Zhang J, Elliott DA, Tanyi JA, Thomas CR Jr, Fuss M, Deffebach M.
Nabavizadeh N, Klifa C, Newitt D, Lu Y, Chen YY, Hsu H, Fisher C, Tokayasu T, Olshen AB, Spellman P, Gray JW, Hylton N, Park CC. Topographic enhancement mapping of the cancer-associated breast stroma using breast MRI. Integrative Biology. 2011 Apr;3(4):490-6
Beall DP, Datir A, D'Souza SL, D'Souza LS, Gunda D, Morelli J, Johnson MB, Nabavizadeh N. Percutaneous treatment of insufficiency fractures : principles, technique and review of literature. Skeletal Radiology. 2010 Feb;39(2):117-30. Review.
Wu FY, Boehling N, Nabavizadeh N, Lamborn K, Barnes M, Chang S, McDermott M, Haas-Kogan D. Clinical Outcome and Prognostic Factors for Central Neurocytoma. ASTRO (American Society for Radiation Oncology) Annual Meeting 2011. Poster Presentation. http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/journals/0360-3016/PIIS0360301611025788.pdf
Simeonova AO, Nabavizadeh N, Monaco D, Tanyi JA, Fuss M. Intensity-modulated Arc Radiotherapy (IMAT) Planning For Patients With Pancreatic Cancer: A Planning Study. ASTRO (American Society for Radiation Oncology) Annual Meeting 2011. Poster Presentation. http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/journals/0360-3016/PIIS0360301611026411.pdf
Nabavizadeh N, Klifa C, Newitt D, Lu Y, Hattangadi J, Fisher C, Hylton N, Park C. MR Quantification of Abnormal Stromal Enhancement in the Periphery of Invasive Breast Tumors. ASCO (American Society for Clinical Oncology) Annual Meeting 2009. Poster Presentation. http://www.asco.org/ASCOv2/Meetings/Abstracts?&vmview=abst_detail_view&confID=65&abstractID=31034
Kaprealian T, Nabavizadeh N, Sneed PK, Nakamura JL, Huang K, McDermott MW. Parameters Influencing Local Control of Meningiomas Treated with Radiosurgery. ASTRO (American Society for Radiation Oncology) Annual Meeting 2009. Poster Presentation. http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/journals/0360-3016/PIIS0360301609016228.pdf
Nabavizadeh N, Klifa C, Chen Y, Newitt D, Lu Y, Hattangadi J, Fisher C, Hylton N, Park C. MRI and Histologic Quantification of Neoangiogenesis in Normal Appearing Breast Beyond the Tumor Margin: Implications for Local Treatment. ASTRO (American Society for Radiation Oncology) Annual Meeting 2009. Poster Presentation. http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/journals/0360-3016/PIIS0360301609014837.pdf
- Dr. Nabavizadeh has been selected to serve a 2-year term on the ARRO Executive Committee
- Multiple original research papers selected for presentation at the 2014 Multidisciplinary Head & Neck Cancer Symposium, held Feb 20-22 at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, AZ.
- 2013 American Radium Society meeting oral presentation on "INTERFRACTION STABILITY OF ELECTROMAGNETIC NAVIGATIONAL BRONCHOSCOPY-PLACED EMBOLIZATION COIL FIDUCIAL MARKERS FOR LUNG STEREOTACTIC BODY RADIATION THERAPY (SBRT)