John Holland, MD
Cancer and Blood Disorders
M.D., University of Washington in St. Louis, Missouri
Radiation Oncology, University of California, San Francisco, CA
American Board of Radiology/Radiation Oncology
My research interests and clinical activity center on head and neck and thoracic malignancies. My areas of interest within these sites tend to focus on the morbidities of radiation therapy (+/- chemotherapy) with hopes of reducing future side effects. I enjoy working on these research projects with Radiation Oncology residents and students aiming to combine research endeavors with education. I continue to serve as principal investigator at OHSU for Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG) and NRG studies.
Interest and Accomplishments:
Dr. Holland specializes in treating Thoracic and Head and Neck malignancies. He did his residency at the University of California, San Francisco. He joined the medical staff at OHSU in 1994. He chairs the weekly Lung Cancer Conference. He is the program director for the radiation oncology residency program.
Dr. Holland was selected as the 'Outstanding Faculty Teacher Award' recipient for the 2nd consecutive year. The house staff has selected Dr. Holland for 2006 and 2007, as the recipient of this honor.
Knight Cancer Institute
- Dr. John Holland Recognized with 2014 Educator of the Year Award
- Dr. John Holland & Dr. Arthur Hung appointed to the Education Committee of the ACR
- Volumetric-modulated arc radiotherapy for pancreatic malignancies: Dosimetric comparison with sliding-window intensity-modulated radiotherapy and 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy
- Heavy PETting Reducing Radiation Exposure From Intradepartment Positron Emission Tomography Scans
- Multiple original research papers selected for presentation at the 2014 Multidisciplinary Head & Neck Cancer Symposium, held Feb 20-22 at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, Scottsdale, AZ.
- OHSU Faculty and House Staff jointly edit and co-author one of the first comprehensive board review book