The OHSU School of Medicine has launched a new curriculum – YOUR M.D. Launched in 2014, the new curriculum will be phased in over four years. See curriculum transformation
Welcome to Undergraduate Medical Education
The OHSU School of Medicine is an amazing place, where next-generation medical education meets a collegial and collaborative culture, set in an amazing state. Since its founding in 1887, our school has been a leader in medical education and innovation. Recently, our MD program has undergone transformative change in order to prepare our graduates to best serve society in the 21st century.
In the School of Medicine, we recognize that the health care delivery environment has changed dramatically. Medical knowledge and technology will continue to rapidly expand and change. To that end, our goal is to graduate physicians with demonstrated skills in lifelong learning and improvement – leaders who can adapt to and develop future innovations in the health system, leading to better outcomes for patients and communities.
If you are a prospective student, this site can help you learn more about our exciting curriculum, YOUR M.D.; help you understand the admissions process and requirements; and give you a glimpse into the student experience on our popular blog, StudentSpeak.
Thank you for visiting us on the web. We hope to see you soon in person.
— Tracy Bumsted, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.A.P., associate dean for undergraduate medical education
MD Program Applicants
5/28/2017 1:24 PMPlease check the OHSU MD Program Admissions Portal for the most up-to-date information concerning your application. Thank you for your patience.
- 05/24/2017 Dr. Sharon Anderson appointed dean of the OHSU School of Medicine
- 05/23/2017 Corridors to community care
- 05/16/2017 Medical student Mara Rosenberg selected for national physician-scientist career development award
- 05/02/2017 OHSU psychiatrist explores intersections of race, mental health care and advocacy
- 04/21/2017 Medical students bring original research to American College of Physicians meeting
- 04/17/2017 Education symposium celebrates teaching and tweeting alike
- 04/12/2017 Medical students recognized for research at national conference
- 03/31/2017 Dr. George Mejicano selected as LCME member
- View all news