Learn more about OHSU's curriculum transformation with the YOUR M.D. program. Explore the program
Welcome to Undergraduate Medical Education
The OHSU School of Medicine is an amazing place, where next-generation medical education meets a collegial and collaborative culture, set in an amazing state. Since its founding in 1887, our school has been a leader in medical education and innovation. Recently, our MD program has undergone transformative change in order to prepare our graduates to best serve society in the 21st century.
In the School of Medicine, we recognize that the health care delivery environment has changed dramatically. Medical knowledge and technology will continue to rapidly expand and change. To that end, our goal is to graduate physicians with demonstrated skills in lifelong learning and improvement – leaders who can adapt to and develop future innovations in the health system, leading to better outcomes for patients and communities.
If you are a prospective student, this site can help you learn more about our exciting curriculum, YOUR M.D.; help you understand the admissions process and requirements; and give you a glimpse into the student experience on our blog, StudentSpeak.
Thank you for visiting us on the web. We hope to see you soon in person.
— Tracy Bumsted, M.D., M.P.H., F.A.A.P., associate dean for undergraduate medical education
MD Program Applicants
7/17/2018 6:24 AMPlease check the OHSU MD Program Admissions Portal for the most up-to-date information concerning your application. Thank you for your patience.
- 06/26/2018 Dr. Amy Garcia selected to join M.D. program leadership
- 06/12/2018 Work to be the best at what you do; this is about real people
- 06/12/2018 Collaboration yields opportunities for hands-on learning about nutrition and health
- 06/12/2018 Faculty mentors spark medical students’ research ambitions
- 06/06/2018 From the dean: doing hard things well, including being well
- 06/05/2018 Congratulations, graduates of 2018!
- 06/04/2018 Teachers, students, mentors and family gather to celebrate outstanding work in education
- 05/29/2018 Why I Teach: Dr. Erin Bonura
- View all news