Transit (train, bus, streetcar)
Beginning August 15, 2016, people with OHSU badges are eligible to receive a $70 annual TriMet pass at distribution events. Find a distribution time and location at Staff News.
Park and Rides offer free parking 24/7 at over 60 locations around the region for people who want to shorten their ride or live outside the TriMet system.
C-TRAN pass or fare required to board C-TRAN 190. The 190 Marquam Hill Express drops off at Marquam Hill 6:34am to 7:49am and departs Marquam Hill 3:40pm to 5:10pm. Learn more on the Employee blog.
All public transit is ADA accessible.
Public and patient trips:
- TriMet fare is $5 a day.
- Streetcar Only fare is $2 for 2.5 hours. TriMet fare is valid on Streetcar but not vice versa.
- Portland Aerial Tram fare is $4.55 roundtrip. Patient courtesy tickets available at clinics. See the tram page for other valid fare.
OHSU member trips:
- OHSU Badges are valid fare on Portland Streetcar and Portland Aerial Tram.
- Anyone with an active OHSU Badge is eligible for an annual transit pass (TriMet or C-TRAN) subsidized more than 70% by OHSU off retail price. Learn more here.
- Departments can pay for transit by submitting this form.
Express lines run during the morning and afternoon rush only.
Marquam Hill is also accessible via a five minute ride by tram. See South Waterfront transit connections below.
Tilikum Crossing brings new rail, walking and biking connections to OHSU.
Frequent service to South Waterfront:
Additional transit lines are accessible via the Gibbs Street Pedestrian Bridge
Don't live near a transit line? Long bus ride to OHSU? Park and rides offer a way to travel by car to a direct bus to OHSU. Parking is free at TriMet Park and Rides 24/7.
Bus lines to OHSU with park and rides on the route
- Orange Max
- Yellow Max
- 9 Powell Blvd
- 12 Barbur/Sandy Blvd
- 17 Holgate/Broadway
- 19 Woodstock/Glisan
- 35 Macadam/Greeley
- 36 South Shore
- 43 Taylors Ferry Rd
- 44 Capitol Hwy/Mocks Crest