A number of studies link reading and writing literacy to productivity later in life. And research demonstrates that early exposure to books and reading can predict better academic skills in early grade school. Given the substantial evidence on the importance of literacy, OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital participates in an innovative national program called Reach Out and Read, which offers books to children and their parents at well-child check-ups from ages 6 months to 5 years. … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Doernbecher offers free flu vaccine to its patients’ parents, close family contacts
- Behind the illustration with Maryanna Hoggatt (and Simon)
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?
- Zee on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?