Doernbecher Children’s Hospital has the largest program in Oregon for the repair of skull birth defects called cranial synostosis. In synostosis, one or more of the skull growth plates is missing, which can cause a severely misshapen head, pressure on the brain, developmental delay and even blindness. Surgery to repair synostosis requires an accredited specialty team comprising a pediatric neurosurgeon and a pediatric craniofacial plastic surgeon. At Doernbecher, I am privileged to do this work … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another