Every day as I entered the doors to my medical school’s primary lecture hall, I passed a plaque on the wall displaying a quote attributed to William Butler Yeats. Apparently, there is some contention about whether the famous Irish literary figure actually coined the following phrase, but it remains a powerful statement for both learners and teachers. Printed on that plaque were the words, “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another