In addition to a diverse diet, sufficient sleep and adequate physical activity, there are two supplements that I often recommend to youth struggling with emotional distress, distractibility or hyperactivity: omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D3. In this, the first of two posts on 3-D health, we’ll focus on omega-3 fatty acids. Brains rely on fatty acids for facilitating intercellular communication, regulating gene expression, modulating inflammatory responses and insulating neurons to promote signal conduction. Fatty acids … Read More
- Baby in a box? What you need to know about safe infant sleep
- Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Five ways to bring books back into your family’s summer
- Adrien on Raising a reader in digital days: Comics galore!
- Ander on “13 Reasons Why” poses risks to Oregon youth
- Rhonda Cohen on Meeting Julia: Representing autism in the media
- Aimee Lomeli on The healing power of art: CHAP at OHSU Doernbecher
- Tori on Tips for supporting one another