This week the pediatric cardiovascular team at OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, in cooperation with the OHSU Knight Cardiovascular Institute, made history by implanting a first-of-its kind heart defibrillator that is less invasive and poses fewer risks to patient than current heart defibrillators. Kenneth Clark, 17, is the first pediatric patient in Oregon to receive the implant. Clark recently was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Additional testing suggested he was at risk for lethal fast heart rhythms … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Doernbecher offers free flu vaccine to its patients’ parents, close family contacts
- Behind the illustration with Maryanna Hoggatt (and Simon)
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?
- Zee on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?