Everyone loves home fireworks. They are sold everywhere, so they must be safe, right? Not so fast. This Fourth of July, hospitals can expect about 6,000* Emergency Room visits due to serious injuries from home fireworks — most will be burns and many will be really serious. About a quarter will be eye injuries, everything from scratches to burns to what we call “enucleation,” or the loss of an eye, most often from bottle rockets. … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?