Chances are the next time you bring your child in for a wellness check, your pediatrician will talk to you about cholesterol. While pediatricians have been checking cholesterol in children with a family history of heart problems for many years, the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all children be screened for high cholesterol between the ages of 9 and 11 and again between 17 and 21. These recommendations refelect the understanding that too much cholesterol … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?