Each winter or spring, millions of people are infected with influenza, thousands of children are admitted to pediatric intensive care units, or PICUs, for complications of influenza infection, and as many as 200 of them die. Influenza, or flu, virus infection causes a respiratory illness with symptoms that may include fever, chills, cough, sore throat, headaches, body aches, fatigue, vomiting and diarrhea. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent flu infection and its complications, … Read More
Doernbecher Children’s Hospital
- 2014 in review: small patients, big stories.
- Gifts for good
- A classroom in a hospital: Doernbecher’s school program
- Pat on Technology that matters
- chris flores on #FreestyleFriday: OHSU employee Gabe Flores
- Lisa McMahan on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- jennifer on Flu vaccine decreases a child’s risk of serious illness
- Rod on The childless pediatrician: A parent’s worst nightmare?